Best Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas & Recipes
It’s one of the most important parts of Thanksgiving meals besides the turkey and we’re here to help your Thanksgiving day menu. We’ve compiled some of the tastiest, easiest and most creative holiday desserts for you to make.
From Dove Chocolate Turkey Truffles and Turkey Cupcakes that kids would love to a more traditional pumpkin pie, these are some step by step recipes that can really spice up the holiday season!
Dove Chocolate Turkey Truffles
6 Dove Chocolate Chef-Series Milk or Dark Chocolate Bars (12 oz)
1/2 cup heavy cream for Milk Chocolate
2/3 cup heavy cream for Dark Chocolate
1 bag Dove Chocolate Cinnamon Dusting Poweder
1 bag Dove Chocolate Covered Cashews & Almonds
1 box Dove Chocolate Dark Chocolate Leaves
1 box Dove Chocolate Milk or Dark Chocolate Dessert Cups
1) Chop chocolate into 1/4″ or smaller pieces and place in 4-quart bowl.
2) In a small pan, bring heavy cream to a rolling boil.
3) Immediately remove from heat and pour over chocolate.
4) Let stand for 3 minutes, then stir until smooth.
5) Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
6) Scoop out truffle and roll into 1″ to 2″ balls.
7) Roll each truffle in Dusting powder and place each in a Chocolate Dessert Cup.
8) Add 3 Chocolate Leaves as tail feathers.
9) Using gel icing, add eyes, a beak, and wattle to a Chocolate-Covered Almond for the head; place on truffle.
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® devil’s food cake mix
- 2 containers Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy milk chocolate frosting
- 1 tube (4.25 oz) Betty Crocker® white decorating icing
- 1 tube (0.68 oz) Betty Crocker® brown decorating gel
- Candy corn
- Chocolate candy sprinkles
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Make, bake and cool cake as directed on box for 24 cupcakes.
- 2 Frost cupcakes with frosting. Place remaining frosting in corner of resealable freezer plastic bag. Snip off small corner of bag.
- 3 To decorate each cupcake, pipe 1-inch mound of frosting on 1 side of cupcake to look like head of turkey. Make eyes with white decorating icing and brown decorating gel; add candy corn for beak. To make feathers, pipe frosting on opposite side to hold candy corn; place candy corn upright on frosting to look like feathers. Sprinkle chocolate candy sprinkles near head and at base of feathers. If desired, add candy corn at base of cupcake for feet. Store loosely covered.
Sweet Potato Pie
- Ingredients for Crust
- 5 1/2 ounces of Graham Crackers (o rbutter cookies of your choice)
- 5 1/2 ounces of roasted unsalted whole almonds
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom water
- A pinch of salt
- Ingredients for the Filling
- 2 pounds of sweet potatoes
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Spices: 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves, and a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom water
Step 1 – Preparing the Crust
1. In a food processor, mix the grapham crackers, almonds, brown sugar, and pinch of salt until you get a fine powder.
2. Place the crust powder in a bowl and mix in the melted butter and orange blossom water.
3. Use fingers to mix the crust.
4. Place the crust in your baking pan (I am using a 9-inch round baking pan) and use fingers and fists to spread eavenly.
5. Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
6. Bake the crust for 5 minutes.
7. Take the crust out from the oven and let it cool down on your counter while preparing the pie filling.
Note: You can cover the crust with a plastic wrap and aliminum foil and place it in the fridge for up to 4 days. This way, you can prepare the pie filling later to save time.
Step 2 – Preparing Sweet Potato Filling
1. Preheat your oven to 420 F degrees. Peel and slice the sweet potatoes.
2. Cover a baking pan with aluminum foil and grease it with some butter. Place the potato slices on the baking pan and bake for 45 minutes or until they become very tender that you can mash them with a fork. Stir the potatoes (while baking in the oven) from time to time.
3. Using a hand-held mixer (or food processor) puree the sweet potatoes with the evaporated milk.
4. Add the eggs one by one to the potato mixture and continue mixing and mashing the mixture.
5. Add the white sugar, brown sugar, spices, vanilla extract, and orange blossom water to the potato mixture. Continue mixing with the hand-help mixer (or food processor) until you get a very smooth texture. It should be thick, similar to whipped cream.
Step 3 – Assembling and Baking the Sweet Potato Pie
1. Preheat your oven to 400 F degrees.
2. Pour pumpkin filling into the crust. Even out the filling using a spatula.
3. Bake for 15 minutes on 400°. After 15 minutes reduce the heat to 350 F degrees and continue baking for another 45 minutes.
4. You know that the pie is ready by gently pressing the center of the pie. It should feel firm.
5. Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool down on your kitchen counter.
6. Serve at room temperature or warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1 cup Ice
– 1 cup Milk
– 2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
– 1 piece of Pumpkin Pie
– 1-2 tablespoons Cinnamon
– 2 tablespoons Whip Cream
1.) Add 1 cup Ice.
2.) Add 1 cup Milk.
3.) Add 2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream.
4.) Add 1 piece of Pumpkin Pie.
5.) Add 1-2 tablespoons Cinnamon.
6.) Blend together.
7.) Pour Smoothie into a glass.
8.) Add 2 tablespoons Whip Cream.
9.) Garnish with Cinnamon.
Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
- 10 graham crackers, finely ground (1 1/3 cups crumbs)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature for 30 minutes
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons pure grade B maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
Maple Pecan Glaze:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup pure grade B maple syrup
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
For the crust: Here’s a super-easy no-fuss way to make this crust. Break the graham crackers into a food processor with the sugar. Pulse until the crumbs resemble fine meal. Pour the crumbs into a 9-inch springform pan. Pour the melted butter over the mixture, bring together with your fingers and press into the bottom of the pan.
Cook’s Note: Feel free to experiment with other graham crackers or cookies. Swap cinnamon or chocolate graham crackers for the original graham crackers for a tasty twist.
For the cheesecake: In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on high speed until fluffy. Reduce the speed and, with the mixer running, add the eggs. Increase the speed to incorporate the eggs. Add in the pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk and maple syrup. Next, add in the cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Beat the mixture for awhile; this will make the cheesecake light and fluffy. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the prepared crust. Tap the pan lightly on the work surface to remove any air pockets.
Bake until the center appears nearly set, but jiggles a little when shaken, 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool for 1 hour. Cover and chill at least 4 hours, or overnight.
For the glaze: In a medium saucepan, combine the cream and maple syrup and bring to a boil. Boil until slightly thickened, 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the pecan pieces. Cover and chill. Stir together before serving.
To serve: Spoon the maple pecan glaze over the cheesecake.
No Bake Pumpkin Pie (Vegan)
- 1 cup sweet potato, chopped
- 1 cup oats, sprouted
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted and soaked
- 2 cups pumpkin or butternut squash, shredded
- 1 cup dates, soaked
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup raw honey
- 1 dash vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup water or almond milk
- To make the crust, first blend until smooth the sweet potato, oats and dates. Pat the mixture down into a pie plate.
- In a food processor, process pumpkin with macadamia nuts and a little of the water/milk.
- Add the other filling ingredients and blend until smooth. Place filling on top of pie crust.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, coconut or pecans. Top with cashew cream, if desired (See Notes).
To make cashew cream, first soak 1 cup cashews or macadamia nuts. In food processor, process nuts with 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup shredded coconut, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a dash of vanilla powder. Process until creamy. Drizzle in 1 tabelspoon to 1/4 cup water until creamy.
This pie is best served chilled.