9 Tips On How To Navigate On-line Dating
If you are still looking for love in all the “right” places yet only meeting Mr./Ms. Wrong, try these 9 easy tips to help you put your best face forward when trying your hand at on-line dating.
1. Are you being cute and clever, funny and fashionable or somber and serious? What mood are you setting and does it really speak to who you are? If your best friend read your profile in a group of ten, could they pick yours out without your help? Check your grammar and spelling. You don’t want nerves or rushing to come across as stupidity or lack of education.
2. Be specific without being creepy about what you are looking for in a partner. There is nothing wrong with having a certain preference, don’t let anyone tell you that you are being anything other than who you are when it comes to knowing what turns you on.
3. By the same token, it’s also a good thing to mention a few things that you don’t like. Especially if it’s a deal breaker. If you don’t like or ever want children, that’s an important thing to mention up front to eliminate any single parents that may take interest in you. You can say what turns you off without being rude and offensive to others.
4. Be sure to update or add new photos to your profile. I don’t know about you but I don’t even respond to people without a picture on their profile. How serious can you really be if you don’t have one?
5. Please reserve the “find out later” for the special things that you would really prefer to share with those that you have an interest in. Not everything should be a mystery. Daters want to know if they have things in common with you before they make the first move to speak.
6. Don’t be afraid to make the first move. Somebody’s got to do it why not you? Something as short and simple as ”hello, you caught my eye” is a great way to break the ice, without falling in.
7. Try several different searches. Your zip, your home state, a certain age group, people who are in the group areas or chat rooms. Create your own method and system and do not be afraid to try something new or talk to someone who you never thought you would have anything in common with. Love lurks in the strangest places at times.
8. Most importantly have fun. Its only internet dating. Be smart and never include your personal details too soon. Be wary of people who want to take you off site. Most dating sites have security measures set up for your protection – use them.
9. Be honest while realizing that not everyone else is all the time. With that in mind, protect your information, your well-being and your heart. Be cautious about moving too quickly off-line too soon. You’ll know when the time is right.
Jewel’s Soul Therapy: “We say we love flowers, yet we pluck them. We say we love trees, yet we cut them down. And people still wonder why some are afraid when told they are loved.”