The Sol Kitchen hosts the “I Am Music Fest 2012″ at the Belk Theater featuring singer/songwriter extraordinaire India Arie with special guests Mint Condition.
It been 3 years since the soul bird visited Charlotte, and the addition of R&B super-group Mint Condition promises to be a night to remember.
According to The Soul Kitchen other acts will be named in the upcoming weeks. We think that the present line-up is already pretty awesome, that we’ve put together our Top 10 Reasons why we can’t miss this concert.
- India is Awesome! Her Twitter page says it all, she’s an “artist & explorer on a mission to spread love healing peace and joy through words and music.”
- Mint Condition represents a time when musicians were actually able to play instruments; and these talented brothers can excel in any genre; jazz, R&B, funk, and rock and roll.
- Chirl Girl will be hosting!
- India Arie’s meaningful lyrics have an integrity, diversity, and a profound truthfulness that many of today’s artist’s lack.
- With mega-hits like “Breakin’ My Heart (Pretty Brown Eyes);” “What Kind of Man Would I Be;” and “U Send Me Swingin;” on the roster how can you resist?
- The Belk Theater promises an atmosphere of intimate sophistication. It will be easy to immerse yourself in the melodic grooves of India or Mint Condition here.
- The Sol Kitchen has proven time and time again that they really love “real music.” After consistently bringing great shows to Charlotte for over 9 years you know their first music festival promises to be a memorable event.
- “Brown Skin;” “I Am Not My Hair;” “Back to the Middle;” “Therapy;”and “Little Things;” are just a few of the hits that guarantee you a great time with this talented songstress.
- Mint Condition’s live performances are legendary!
- The combination of India Arie & Mint Condition is “grow folks” music at its best. Grab a babysitter, get a new outfit, and treat yourself. You deserve it!
-Jennifer Hall, CBS Local
For more about the information about the “I Am Music Fest 2012″ Click Here