Wellness Wednesday: Don’t Forget To Spring Clean Your Body!
(CBS Radio) — Since spring is right around the corner, there’s one more thing you should add to your spring cleaning list: your body.
Many people spend the winter months cooped up in the house. They tend to go out less, exercise less, and they often eat and sleep more. Eventually, living this way leads to a person feeling sluggish and may even weaken the immune system.
When spring is in the air, it’s the perfect time to reduce the amount of toxins stored in your body.
There’s no need to detoxify your body with harsh over-the-counter products — as many of these products actually put more chemicals in to your body. Furthermore, the human body is capable of removing toxins from the body with the help of the lungs, kidneys, and liver.
However, the more toxins a person has stored in their body, the harder our organs have to work to remove the waste. But, there’s good news: there are several foods/drinks that will naturally remove toxins from the body — especially when you add exercise to your daily routine.
For best results, follow these helpful tips for 10 days to naturally detoxify your body:
- Eat plenty of organic fruits and vegetables
- Avoid processed foods, canned or boxed
- Limit sugary foods, dairy, gluten, and soy
- Limit the amount of meat in your diet
- Limit beverages such as soda, coffee, and alcohol
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water
- Eat plenty of green foods, such as spinach, asparagus, peas, and collard greens
- Eat foods rich in fiber
- Drink green tea
- Add fresh garlic to your dinner
- Add nuts to your diet, they are great for snacking on
- Add omega-3 oils to your diet. Avocado, olive, or flax seed oils all absorb toxins in the body
At the end of the 10 day cleanse, it is best to continue to integrate several of these tips into your daily diet/routine.
-Nichole Jaworski, CBS Radio