Wellness Wednesday: Meet Salon–A True Hero!
The word “hero” evokes a picture of a brave man or woman from a time long ago, or a supernatural entity boldly battled forces beyond the realm of reality.
However, modern-day heroes walk among us. They wake up everyday and pick up their weapon of choice to combat the unforseen tribulations of this world.
As we near the end of October, Breast Cancer Awareness month, we take the time to celebrate one of our present-day heroines.
Breast cancer awareness and education is a 365-day commitment to our mothers, sisters, daughters, granddaughters, and friends. It’s a 365-day commitment to ourselves to live our best possible life.
As we reflect back on the excitement, joy, and tears of Pinktober we can’t help but recall the inspiration and joy of Pink Week.
Earlier this month V101.9 partnered with the Sister’s Network for a week of mobile mammograms, after-work soirées, and or course the Bald Ball. We had the opportunity to meet absolutely AMAZING women.
On today’s special edition of Wellness Wednesday we would like to introduce you to one of those women, a heroin, Salon. Please listen to her story and don’t hesitate to leave your comments below.
For More From V101.9…
- Wellness Wednesday: 5 Simple Tips To Get Your Weight Loss On The Fast Track In 2014!
- Wellness Wednesday: Our Strategy For Eating Healthy On Christmas Day!
- Wellness Wednesday: Six Healthy Tips To Drop Holiday Weight!
- Wellness Wednesday: V101.9 Standing Up For Sickle Cell!
- Wellness Wednesday: Meet Salon–A True Hero!